Thursday, January 13, 2011

This is what I got for thanksgiving

I was making stockings for my family for christmas and had the rottery cutter out to cut the fabric and I cut my finger instead. Now just tell the truth it is awesome isn't it. Now you now were my children get there accident prone gene from.
I got eight stitches in all. My finger really hurt for about a month and now is getting really close to being all healed and it is now the middle of January. Tip for all of you out there. DO NOT CUT THE SIDE OF YOUR FINGER OFF. IT REALLY HURTS!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Sheree said...

Ouch! That looks SOOOO painful. So sorry!

Adhis said...

OMGosh! Totally looks like you sliced it right off.

This is why I will never make stockings.

Heidi said...

And now I will not be eating dinner...ever again. That looks awful! (and to think, I was going to call you today to borrow your fancy rotary cutter, now I think the dried blood on it might make me hurl! :)

Adhis said...

BTW, Kristen, I think you're done giving anymore tips!

Marie said...

I'm so proud . . . I didn't even pass out. :) I'm so glad it's getting better.

Erin said...

It was so good to see you (minus the missing tip of your finger). We need to get together again. I can't believe Paiden had to put the tip in a baggie to take with you to the hospital. By the way - did you ever finish the stockings?

kristen said...

yes i did. and they were worth it. they turned out very cute. At least i thought so!

Adhis said...

And you will always be able to guilt the kids with "You know what I gave up for you one Christmas 25 years ago?!?"

The rest of us only have lame labor and delivery stories.